To enhance the look of your house, the glass cleaner for shower glass doors is used, but it may also build a mineral deposit and grime due to the moisture in it, like other bathroom fixtures.
You can follow the simple tricks discussed here to clean stained, steak, and foggy surfaces.
Using various household ingredients, you can remove harsh stains without irritating strong chemicals through the shower glass cleaner.
Cleaning shower glass is very simple and results in sparkling glass shower doors.
Note that it is necessary to follow some prevention strategies to make cleaning shower glass doors convenient for the next time.
How To Clean Glass Shower Doors
If you want to know how to clean glass shower doors and keep them clean forever, then you are at the right place.
So, let’s start! When water drops dry on the glass doors, it makes water spots on them and a moist environment results in mildew and mold growth.
So, it is important to keep shower glass doors free of grime and clean. You can keep the doors clean by using water-absorbent dusters after use.
It will save time and prevent the glass doors from building up hard water coating.
You do not need to scrub too much to clean glass shower doors through this process.
You can also keep your bath glass doors clean by wiping down the glass doors at the end of the day when the last person takes a bath.
It is the best time to clean the shower doors because the warm water already smooths the grime and makes it easy to remove.
You can use a smooth cleaning pad or sponge to avoid harsh chemicals and cleaning products.
It will also protect your shower glass doors from scratches and damage. You can clean your shower glass doors, floors, and walls simultaneously daily.
Keep the door open after a bath and use the water repellent spray to prevent the glass door from hard water spots; it will keep your shower doors clean.
You can also use a water softener to lessen the buildup of minerals.
How Repeatedly to Clean Shower Glass Doors?
The best way to clean shower doors is to clean them regularly and deep-clean them after a few weeks.
You can follow the schedule below to keep your shower glass clean for a long time.
- After a shower, clean the glass doors daily with water absorbent cloth and leave the shower door open to dry out.
- You can use the foam cleaning sponge or pad to deep-clean your glass shower doors once a week.
- In a month, thoroughly clean your entire shower doors, including any crannies and hooks, using a scrub.
- Spray the glass doors with water-repellent spray to protect the doors from hard water spots and stains.
What Materials and Equipment You Need to Clean Glass Shower Doors:
- Distilled white vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Essential oil
- Dish Detergent
- Lemon/ Lemon Oil
- Microfiber Cloth
- Paint Scrapper
- Razor Blade Scrapper
Best Way to Clean Glass Shower Doors (DIY Ideas):
Here is the complete guide on cleaning shower doors using various DIY ideas.
These materials cannot damage your glass doors; you do not need chemical detergent or cleaner to clean them.
Use of Vinegar:
- Mix an equal amount of distilled white vinegar and dish wash detergent.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spray it on the back and front parts of the doors.
- Leave the sprayed liquid on doors for 30 minutes or until it removes the stains and grime.
- Wash off the mixture with a smooth sponge and fresh water, and dry the glass doors with a microfiber cloth.
Note: Do not use vinegar on a shower made of stone because vinegar can damage it. You can scrub the mixture of baking soda and liquid soap on the stone shower, then wash it with hot water.
Use of Lemon:
- Cut the lemon into two halves and put the baking soda on the cut sides.
- Rub the lemon on both sides of the glass doors. The lemon acid reacts with baking soda and makes a wise foam.
- Rinse off the doors with a smooth sponge or microfiber cloth.
- You can use the lemon oil, too and rub it on the doors; it will work as a water repellent, and soap does not dry on the shower doors.
- The lemon scent is more pleasant than bleach and adds more freshness.
Use of Liquid Dish Wash:
- Mix the 6 tablespoons of liquid dish wash and 2 cups of water in a bowl.
- Hold a sponge and soak it in the mixture.
- Clean the doors using this sponge and apply some pressure with one finger.
- Rinse the door with water and dry it with a microfiber cloth or towel.
Note: The liquid dish wash and water mixtures sometimes prove useless in removing hard stains.
How Can You Clean Shower Door Edges?
It is important to give attention to the edges of your glass shower doors.
The soap scrum, grime, stains, and creases form in the edges if you forget to clean them.
You can clean them easily by following the process discussed below:
- Take a toothbrush and pour shower glass cleaner made by using any DIY idea.
- Rub all the metal frames of the shower door with a brush.
- You can use the paint scraper to remove dirt on the metal where it meets with the door or shower.
- You can use the razor bladder scraper to remove the spots from the flat glass. But use it gently and carefully to prevent damage.
Note: Always use a sharp and clean blade to clean the shower glass edges and grip it at an angle of 45 degrees to the surface of the glass doors. It may protect the glass from scratches.
How to Make the Best Shower Cleaner for Daily Use to Maintain the Clean Glass Shower Doors?
If you use shower spray daily, you must deep-clean the glass shower after a long time.
You can make your inexpensive chemical-free cleaner that will not be harsh and use it daily to keep your glass shower doors shiny and elegant for a long time.
- Mix 1 cup of water, mild dish soap, half a cup of vinegar, and 10 to 20 drops of essential oil for a pleasant smell.
- Preserve it in a spray bottle and spray it on the glass doors after wiping up the doors with a microfiber cloth.
- It will help you in the prevention of doors from stains and rinsing. Spray it daily on the doors, giving you more time between deep cleans.
Note: Avoid vinegar use on stone tile showers.
What is the Best Glass Cleaner for Shower Doors?
It is not pleasurable to jump into a shower with grime, smudges, and stains on the glass doors, and cleaning these stains is more frustrating because they are harder to wipe away.
Sometimes cleaning the glass showers does not result in the doors with a shiny, glimpse look as before.
So, do you want to know the best cleaner for glass shower doors? We will provide you with a list of the best cleaner for glass shower doors.
Here Are The 6 Top Best Glass Cleaners For Shower Doors:
1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser:
It is a go-to professional glass shower cleaner, but it is not necessary to consider it the best option to clean glass doors.
You can use a natural approach to clean the hard soap scum first, then use this glass cleaner for shower doors.
Mr. clean magic eraser is a soap scrubber with a cleaning solution. First, pour water on the water spots.
Apply the eraser solution on the non-aggressive sponge, and scrub it on the doors. It is a safer way to clean shower glass doors.
2. Clean X Repel:
This cleaner has no harmful chemicals and removes the soap scum without issues.
It has a cherry scent; you can use it on the entire bathroom rather than on glass doors only.
Apply it on the stains to remove the scum, then wipe away the scum using a microfiber cloth or towel.
Its coating prevents the glass doors from building up scum, and you need to clean them less frequently.
3. Grove Co Shower Cleaner:
Another option to clean the shower glass doors is grove co shower cleaner.
You can use it daily or frequently because it does not contain harsh chemicals. Some people prefer to use it as a casual cleaner.
It prevents the doors from grime buildups, and you do not need to tackle tough stains later.
Apply the product to stains and wipe them away; it will not leave marks and streaks. It does not require rinsing with water.
It is not a harsh product because it contains natural (plant-based) ingredients. The essential oil and plant extract makes a very nice scent.
4. Rain X Shower Door Cleaner:
Rain X Shower Door Cleaner is a protective and preventive cleaner, but it is not suitable to use daily.
You may not get good results if you spray it on water spots and try to wipe them away.
This is useful to protect your glass doors from getting messy after cleaning them. It is water resistant, so do not spray it daily.
It is only suitable to use on glass, so do not use it on other bathroom materials and surfaces.
5. Clean Shower Daily Shower Cleaner:
It is an easy-to-grab cleaner and safe to use than other cleaners.
You can use it on various surfaces and materials. You can mix it with other solutions to get an efficient result. It is a great product for daily utilization.
It is a soft cleaner, so it is safe to use. It also prevents the glass doors from future grime buildups.
6. HIWARE Squeegee Shower Glass Cleaner Tool:
If you want to clean glass doors as a profession, then use it. It gives a glass seamless look.
You can also use it to clean your car glass windows and home windows.
Using it repeatedly will bring dirt and grime, so always clean it well after using it every time.
Conclusion: How To Clean Glass Shower Doors?
Glass shower doors give a very elegant and pretty look to your bathroom.
But after taking a shower, the water drops, and body soil clings to the glass doors and surface. This may lessen the sparkling look of your bathroom doors.
So, in this article, we discuss in detail different products that are harmful to use and have a pleasant smell. We also discuss some homemade remedies to clean your shower glass doors efficiently.
If you clean the glass doors daily after the last bath of the day, it will lessen your efforts to clean the grime and water stains after some time.
The preventions discussed will help maintain the shiny look of the glass doors without damage.
Frequently Asked Questions: How To Clean Glass Shower Doors?
What do professionals use to clean shower glass doors?
Most professionals use baking soda to remove the stains and grime from shower glass doors. Sprinkle the baking soda on the different surfaces of the bathroom and then spray vinegar on it. Scrub the surface and then rinse it.
Can I use vinegar to clean glass shower doors?
Yes, you can use vinegar as a shower glass cleaner. Make a mixture of the water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray it on the doors and leave it for 10 minutes on them, then wipe away the doors with a smooth cloth.
How can I keep glass doors clean always?
You can keep your glass doors clean permanently by using a squeegee after every bath and keeping them open to dry. It is also necessary to clean the shower doors thoroughly using a scrub.
Which cleaner can remove hard water spots from shower glass doors?
You can use traditional household ingredients such as baking soda and white vinegar to remove the hard water stains.
Which glass door is best as a water repellent?
Rain-X is the best water-repellent product with advanced technology that helps to remove hard water stains and soap scum. If you apply it to doors, you can keep your shower doors clean for a long time.