Crispy Buffalo Wings Recipe
Homemade Buffalo Wings have a secret ingredient that makes them extra crispy and hard to resist. The easy buffalo sauce uses just 3 ingredients. It gives these wings the taste of a restaurant-quality appetizer.
If you loved our Air Fryer Chicken Wings, you’ll also love these Oven-Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings. You can bake a large batch all at once. That’s great for feeding a big crowd. These would make a perfect Super Bowl appetizer.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
The great thing about baked buffalo chicken wings is that you can get the same crispy texture without needing to use splattering hot fryer oil. By using our handy baking powder trick and a wire rack, the wings get a wonderful flaky crust.
They have just a fraction of the fat of deep-fried wings. Tossing the crispy baked wings with a buttery, tangy buffalo sauce is irresistibly delicious. check more, Chicago Style Hot Dogs Recipe.
ingredients for the Crispiest Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings – Use fresh or thawed frozen wings separated into drumettes and vignettes.
- Baking powder – The secret ingredient for getting your chicken wings super crispy without deep frying.
- Salt – We use acceptable sea salt in nearly all our cooking.
- Garlic powder – Adds a bit of flavor to your wings before tossing them in the buffalo sauce.
- Unsalted butter – Adds a nice creaminess to the buffalo sauce.
- Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce – This is the perfect base for your wing sauce. It’s tangy, a little sweet, with just the right spice.
- Sugar – Helps the sauce caramelize and thicken on your hot wings.
How to Make Crispy Buffalo Wings
- Prep Chicken Wings – Cut wings in half to separate the drums and wingettes. Pat the wings dry with a paper towel. Preheat the oven and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack over the pan.
- Make Dry Seasoning – Combine baking powder, salt, and garlic powder.
- Season the Wings – Put the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss them in the dry seasoning until well-coated. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack.
- Bake – Bake in the center of the oven for 50 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Make the Buffalo Sauce – In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, and hot sauce.
- Toss Wings in Sauce – Transfer baked wings to a bowl and toss with the buffalo sauce to coat. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips for the Best Buffalo Wings
Remove moisture: Pat the wings dry with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. This ensures they turn out crispy.
Use baking powder – The baking powder creates an incredibly crispy crust on the wings. It’s a must!
Bake on a rack – A wire rack allows air to circulate the wings and makes them crispy. Lets check, Apple Pie Recipe with the Best Filling.
How to Serve
- Restaurant Style: We love serving buffalo wings as they do at Chili’s restaurant, with chunky blue cheese dip and celery sticks.
- Avocado Ranch: This dressing also makes a fantastic dip for buffalo chicken.
- Jalapeno Ranch: For extra spice, add jalapeno to give just the right amount of heat.
- Add fries: You can make this a packed lunch by serving with crispy Air Fryer French Fries.
Common Questions – Crispy Buffalo Wings Recipe
How do you know when chicken wings are done?
Check the internal temperature with a thermometer. It should reach at least 165°F, but they taste better at 175°F.
Can you use frozen chicken wings?
You can, but make sure to thaw them completely before baking. Otherwise, they won’t crisp up properly.
How can you make the wings spicier?
Add 1 teaspoon of cayenne or black pepper to the dry seasoning mix for spicier wings.
Can I make these in the Air Fryer?
Yes. Cook the wings using the time and temperature for Air Fryer Chicken Wings. Then, toss them in buffalo sauce. You’ll need to cook them in 3 batches or use 1 lb of wings.